The Latest In Automotive Security
Also known as “sindwinder keys,” laser cut car keys offer advanced security protection. They must be cut by a special machine, so it is extremely difficult for thieves to duplicate. Ironically, this enhanced security feature can also lead to frustrating situations for you if there is a problem and you need a new key. Thankfully, the experts at Leon Valley Locksmith Pros are here to make your life easier.
Don’t Believe Everything You Hear
It is a common belief that only your dealership has the necessary tools to replace your car’s laser cut key. This is not completely accurate. While it is true that most automotive locksmiths are not able to provide this service, we do have the advanced tools and skilled technicians that are able to cut you a new key on the spot.
3 Major Benefits Of Calling Us
- If you choose to rely on the dealer, you will need to go to them and this may mean spending time and money on a tow truck service. If you choose to call us, we will come to your location within 30 minutes or less. Another advantage is that we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This cannot be said for your dealership. Therefore, if you need assistance at 3 AM on New Years, you can call us and we will be there in no time.
- Often times, the dealer assumes you are there because you don’t think you have any other option. This gives them the opportunity to take advantage and overcharge you. We guarantee fair and upfront pricing. Not only is our service more convenient, but when you call us you won’t break the bank.
- Many insurance companies will consider this roadside assistance and reimburse you. This is not the case if you go to the dealership.
We are a full automotive locksmith company servicing Leon Valley, TX and the surrounding areas. Just a few of the many advantages of calling us when you need car key replacement or other emergency locksmith services include:
- 24/7 Availability
- 30 minute or less response times
- Local service providers that know the area
- Licensed, bonded and insured expert technicians
- Fair and upfront pricing
What Is The Difference?
Laser cut keys can be told apart from their look as well as their function.
Laser Cut Car Keys
- Have a winding central groove going down the center at a consistent depth
- Laser cutting requires special machines that must be operated by an experienced professional
- Can be inserted into a lock facing either direction and still be able to function
- Heavier than other types because the metal has to have certain depth to make room for the groove cut into the center
- More durable and will be less likely to break
- Locks designed for this key are much harder to pick
Other Car Keys
- Have notches, but from their sides
- Mechanically cut with standard equipment that does not need a lot of knowledge to operate
- Have a tendency to break easily
- Easier to pick a lock designed for a standard key